Open Letter 2 to Arvind Kejriwal – To Do List
Dear Arvind Ji,
The social media is overflowing with the advice that you must quickly execute your election promises, and show concrete results. Unlike the others, I do not feel that you are ignoring those commitments.
While pressures may come on you from the Congress and BJP that this is the aspect of utmost importance, the fundamental question in my mind is, ‘why does the congress spend sleepless nights, to ensure that YOU will meet success, as they state’. ‘We are not withdrawing support, even though you are doing everything wrong, and doing it illegally and foolishly, because we want you to succeed.’ What a noble gesture indeed …And they want the public to be taken in by that argument.
Sir, these are all hot and cold techniques to un-nerve you and distract you from your mission, which is certainly the fulfillment of your promises. They want to consume your quality time is spent in red herrings. And the media, I do not know from where they dig out the so called experts, who will go miles to find arguments against whatever you might be doing or saying, or in whatever manner you may be so doing. How I wish the anchor could tone down his voice and make the discussions audible.
Here is the strategy of how I think you should be proceeding
- Split your thoughts in two categories, the fire-fighting actions that will show results in about a month, and the long term ones for which you must initiate irretrievable steps, for example plan approvals, allocations of funds and resources, and establishing monitoring mechanisms. Formalize these executive actions by putting signatures on files. Carry the executive with you on these aspects.
- Establish a communication mechanism. Set up a group that works on the content, and another one that ensures that communications are taking place both ways; between the public and the government. If required a large customer relationship management (CRM) software may be procured and implemented quickly. The system must be capable of broadcasting on the social media, as well as capturing the information that people are contributing; of course acknowledging whatever they submit.
- Currently a large number of AAP Facebook pages are in the air. No one knows which one of them is the official one, and where we can get the most authentic information about your thoughts and actions. It is necessary to clear out this mess and come out with an official site, or two. As example, please see the sites operated by the newspaper companies, where news and opinions are clearly separated and people need to login with authenticity to make comments. Only a few trustworthy ones are allowed to write blogs.
- In line with the concept of Remodelled Socialism, elaborated in my book ‘A wonderful world – Dreams & Reality 325 pages’, please establish civil societies and groups that will participate actively in governance. Please note that I am not referring to the think tanks that help you drafting white papers but those who will lend execution support to the governance. This must be done formally; if required by executing an ordinance. These are mentors and helpers, probably given a share from the profits they bring in, but they are not auditors, snoopers or spies. A viable group, as an example, can be that handles your communication systems.
- A crash course is required for all the MLA, including the ministers, and the party spokespersons, about how to conduct themselves in the public or in front of the media. The same applies to election speeches. Mannerisms, body language and facial expressions must be rehearsed.
- What needs to be highlighted in the talks and speeches is what the party proposes to do, without making explicit commitments and without speaking much against the opposition. AAP must appear to the public as a party that is not distracted by the opposition and it focuses on its own agenda, which is of course adequately modulated by the citizens. The people participation should be evident and lucid in your thoughts, proposals and actions on the election podiums.
Arvind Ji, we will never get another chance to have an honest person like you, on the horizon of politics. This is our only chance to make it happen, and we should not fritter it away by irresponsible muttering or actions. We need to hold the current downtrend in popularity that is seeping in due to enhanced propaganda by the others. No one denies that your team is a great collection, but we need perhaps more people and more wisdom. And we request you to listen to the suggestions of people whom you trust.
Here is a form that can be used for collection of data on experts